Thursday, November 14, 2013

Random Sheepish Things

The two new sheep, patiently waiting for breakfast (and their names)
As you probably know,  I purchased two new sheep last month and there is a contest going on right now to name these most unusual sheep.  I have spent the last month trying to get to know them a little bit better and to make them part of the flock, but they  seem to resist my attempts to bring them into the fold.

     Every morning I go out to feed the sheep.  I beckon them in by saying "Little Shee-eep".  They all come running in from the pasture but the two new sheep run to a different place from the rest of the sheep everyday and wait patiently for their portion of the food.
This is all of the sheep eating breakfast, minus the new sheep.

Here are the two new sheep eating in peace (breakfast for two)

The new sheep are waiting the the background, with a fence in between.
Everyday the wool continues to grow.  I just can't wait for sheering time in April.  I have been having so much fun dyeing wool and making things out of my other Wenslydale sheep, Marshmallow.

There are just not enough hours in the day to do all that I would like to do with all this wonderful wool.  I know I am weird. 
These Wenslydale locks will make some great elf beards.

Wool Felted silk scarves.  How fun is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment